The Fair Housing Center seeks an experienced mediator to serve as a neutral party in their Landlord-Tenant Mediation department.
The successful candidate will, through education and experience:
- Have a strong foundation of basic mediation skills and ethics for mediators.
- Be able to explain the mediation process and confidentiality to landlords, tenants, and the general public.
- Be comfortable working with a widely diverse population of people.
- Have the ability to work effectively with people under stressful situations, identify problems and potential solutions, and be well-versed in conflict management and diffusion skills.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, etc.) with ability to track activities in our proprietary case management system.
- Have (or learn) a working knowledge of Ohio’s landlord-tenant laws, and eviction procedures.
- Have knowledge about and be able to interpret Federal, State, and Local laws concerning discrimination in housing; and
- Have the ability to build relationships with and educate the community through outreach, presentations, and workshops.
This is a full-time (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) exempt position, with some evenings or weekends as needed. Additional training will be provided. The Fair Housing Center offers competitive salary and benefits package.